Thursday 8 January 2009

Long time No blog. Actually been busy rather than stuck in bed with migraines. The migraines I am still having are definately less severe and seem to be getting less frequent so I am really hopeful the operation helped. Saw the cardiologist today and he does not think I need surgery on my dodgy mitral valve either. My ECG looks really weird tho. Its just not right but I'll leave the Dr's to worry about that.

I've managed to get quite a bit of spinning done (photos to follow) and also have kept up the stash enhancement. Mum makes snipy comments each time I receive a package - as if its anything to do with her what the hell I spend my money on, especially as she's getting free bed and board for a whole month (I usually limit myself to 2-3 new fibres per month but happened to receive all three of Decembers on consecutive days. Why the hell I feel I have to explain this I don't know?).

So drumroll please for these beauties:

From Teresa Levite Studio (superwash merino):


From FatCatKnits (both Falkland):


We went for a day out to Stratford upon Avon which was really interesting. I've joined an online Shakespeare reading group - the first book we are going to read together is Hamlet. which is also the one I spent painful hours reading in English class. I can only remember 'take thee to a nunnery' and lots of tittering about country matters. I've bought the Royal Shakespeare Company's book called Complete Works of Shakespeare so are waiting anxiously for it to arrive.

And I've bought a pair of hand carders from Wingham Wool Work so I can start carding the huge bin bag of chocolate alpaca in our shoe cupboard. Unfortunately the handle on one was broken when I got them today so I'm sending them back for replacement. They were lovely on the phone when I rang them about it.

No comments: