Friday 23 January 2009

we've got the house back to ourselves after Mum's month long visit. She seemed to enjoy herself despite not being able to get out too much.
I've been a lot better migraine wise over the past 3 weeks which is just so fabulous. They have reduced to 2 - 3 per week (rather than 6 - 7) and are generally a lot less severe.

I've got a meeting at work this afternoon to discuss what happens next. I'm hoping I'll be able to return slowly in February. It will be great to get back to doing what I do best. I love being a Chemotherapy Nurse.

Trouble is, I'm bound to get every virus going as I've been in virtual isolation for past 6 months.

I've been doing a lot of spinning and have learnt to Navajo ply. Its very addictive.

this is Romney from PigeonRoof Studios on etsy. It was lovely to spin:



this is from Spindlefrog on Etsy:


and this is some lovely roving I got from FatCatKnits on etsy (one of three in my queue - her colourways are just lush). Its called Plum Possum and I know where the possum colour comes from!:

I got some hand cards which I'm slowly learning to use to make alpaca rolags and are spinning it up a bit at a time. I'm a bit worried as it looks very hairy:

No comments: