Saturday 23 May 2009



finally I am starting to feel better and have actually got some spinning done! But before I show you, I must tell you about 2 wonderful presents I received from internet aquaintances:

firstly from Natalie at The Yarn Yard, some gorgeous Falkland wool dyed in this months club colours. I was so happy to get it as its just gorgeous and I really appreciate her kindness:


And secondly, I swapped some Spunky Eclectic club fibre with Leanne (willwork4wool on Rav) and when it arrived it had this beautiful merino/ cashmere batt with it. Again, it really made my day and I really appreciate her kindness too:


I've finished spinning some fibre I bought from Shunklies ages ago - its lovely 19 micron merino, not washed yet so still a bit curly. Its about sport weight so socks may be in its future or a stole.


I've also wound off about 1oz of singles I made out of a 6oz bump of merino I got from Lakehouse Loft Fibres and are going to wash them and see what happens!



My lovely yellow socks have made no progress due to all the spinning activities occuring.

I went for my cardiology appt. in Bristol on Thursday and the heart patch is looking REALLY good - I've gone from having about 300 bubbles crossing my atrial septum to about 8!!! He kept me there for half the day having all sorts of tests because he thought I looked so rough but couldn't put his finger on what was making me so ill either. But whatever it is, its on its way out finally. Onwards and upwards ...

No comments: