Thursday 18 June 2009

I've finally finished spinning the Blue Moon Fiber Arts Sheep to Shoe kit that I received for Mother's Day. Its my first 3 ply and is light worsted/ aran weight. I totally overspun it when plying so after washing and drying it I ran it through the wheel again and its much improved. The roving was lovely - slinky superwash merino. Its just waiting for its second wash and set:


I've managed to do some work on the jacket I started last year and only managed to get one repeat of the cable chart done. I love knitting cables.

Healthwise I'm struggling. I stopped taking slow release tramasol for a day to see how my underlying full body muscle/ joint pain was doing ... and I could hardly get out of bed the next morning for the sheer pain. So I've restarted that one.

Then yesterday I was feeling better than I had been, so took the dog out for 15 minutes and went shopping (which is a big deal because I haven't been out for weeks by myself or for longer than 10 minutes). I wandered round the book shop and supermarket for about an hour and this morning was really suffering with BAD pain everywhere and unbelievable fatigue.
So I've spent most of the day in bed. Its like my migraines have moved from my head to the rest of my body. My arms hurt so much I can't even read a book in bed as its too painful to hold the book up.

So I'm not going to push it again for a while. I need to be able to spin and knit with the energy I've got or I'll go insane!

No comments: