Wednesday 6 January 2010

I got the most amazing present through the door just before Xmas. A big parcel from my Mum in NZ containing the most beautiful handmade (by her) appliqued and patchworked quilt. Its perfect for snuggling on the sofa with. I put it on the floor to take a photo, turned around to get my camera and by the time I'd turned back both cats had invaded. Then a turf war ensued with them both chasing each other off the quilt until they kissed and made up! Thanks Mum!





and a photo of the fabric for my quilt. I sewed the first circle on square today so its full steam ahead now!

5 comments:

SheilasEmbroidery said...

You have a clever mum and clever cats - they do know where it will be warm and cosy. That quilt looks fantastic. I have two lap quilts over me at the moment. I made them a few years ago when I started quilting.

Monika said...

That's a beautiful Quilt!

Clare-Aimetu said...

That is a beautiful quilt - and it must be inviting if the cats jumped right in. Love your fabric.

Karan said...

What a fabulous quilt. Lucky you. :0)

Cinders said...

what a beautiful quilt. your mum is so clever. I have a small quilt kit here but it doesnt appeal yet.
your cats are lovely too.