Thursday 26 March 2009

I've managed to get some more of my sock done. Not sure if I like the herringbone pattern but hey ho.



I seem to have a thing for sock yarn at the moment. Sick of cold feet I think. I just bought some yarn from Oxford Kitchen Yarns in gold. I've been looking for a nice almost solid yellow for ages now and hopefully this is it:


I was trying to get some Wollmeise in todays update as a little birthday present for myself but the shop crashed midway, after hours of refreshing to see whether there was actually going to be an update. I really really don't have the time or inclination to be chasing after yarn so won't try again. I strongly feel buying yarn should be a positive experience and this sure wasn't.

I've also decided that I have enough roving to sink a ship at present so are going to curb the impulse roving purchases for a while. Paying £12 a week for Luke's drum lessons helps a lot with my resolve not to buy anything for a while.

The only thing I really think I 'need' (ie don't need in the least) is some lovely dark chocolate semi-solid sock yarn. I really like this new Dream in Color colourway called Tea Party.

I also need to sort out the socks I have on the needles. I have a pair (one almost finished) but can't face finishing them as just don't like the colourway. Too pastel and meehhhh. So I'm thinking of reskeining it and dyeing it. Perhaps chocolate brown?


saying that, the yarn is from the P lucky K nitter so maybe I could swap it for some gold? and it doesn't look too bad now I've dug up the photo. I think I need to find the sock and reevaluate. Its actually got a simple eyelet lace pattern going up the leg which I made up.

I've also got a pair of sock (halfway done one) in a gorgeous shamrock green which I'm doing in a lovely flower like pattern. But its so slow to do that I may die of old age before I wear them. So again, I think I'm going to frog them and knit them up in something plainer. The photo does not do the yarn colour justice. It is so intense and gorgeous. It is Sweet Sock by Sweet Sheep:



Had both Luke and his cousin off school sick today (not very sick tho'). Rosie was very busy helping Sammy play on the Xbox. Then dog got a bath as she went for a long walk with Grandma and came home stinking of who knows what, so she is all soft and shiny again.

1 comment:

Holly said...

oh, keep the green. make it your "time out knitting" the pattern will be well worth it.

as for the rest, you could always make the pastel pair for someone you own a present. Or finishing knitting them followed by overdying (why waste the knitting time).

and much admiration for taking on even the concept of drum lessons.