Monday 27 October 2008

Sunday: got a cracking migraine today. Mike took Luke to a pirate day at our local museum where he met a Jack Sparrow look a like and had a great time. I curled up in bed for some cat therapy for most of the day.

I ordered a book last night about spinning cool and whacky yarns. It called Intertwined and I'm looking forward to getting it. It will give me lots to think about when migraining if nothing else.

Luke was very excited the the new season of Futurama has started. He is on half term this coming week so I got Mike to buy some pre-made icing today so we can make a Futurama cake together.

My lovely Aunty and Uncle rang me last night from New Zealand. My Aunty is very concerned about my heart operation and I was telling her how terrified I am about it and would rather it was somewhere else in my body like a toe or elbow. She replied ' its not good when they're poking round in the main engine room'.............lol lol lol! is that supposed to make me feel better? i almost wet myself laughing, bless her.

But this is it for migraine 'cures'. Over the years, especially the past 18 months, I've tried lots of nasty drugs, homeopathy, herbal medicine, acupuncture, chiropracty, hypnotherapy (I don't think he's recovered yet!), meditation, food allergy testing, diet restrictions, hormonal therapy, alcohol (purely medicinal of course).
No more I say. I'll just learn to live with them if this op don't work. The only other treatment I'm trying is 6 weeks in the sun (cou cou L'hotel Richard!)

No comments: