Sunday 19 October 2008

I've managed to finish one of my socks, despite having to frog the top 5 times as my hands wouldn't work in sync with my brain. Doh! I really really wish I didn't have such enormous feet as it takes forever to knit the bloody things.



I managed to ply my free range BFL with the pale blue BFL I dyed to match it. My hands can work to ply but not to spin which is frustrating. It took forever to ply as its come out as fingering weight, I think. Its not the colour I thought it would be but I really love it. Its got quite an overall green cast and its going to make some yummy socks or a scarf. Its about 343 yds prior to washing which is a bit weird as I'd have thought I could have got a lot more yardage for 8oz of roving spun as fingering weight. But I quite possibly counted how much I've got completely wrongly due to my current brain spasms.



Heres a photo of the chocolate alpaca fleece I acquired last week. Its about 2kg and is from an alpaca called Aubergine:



feeling very speshel on my new anti convulsants - can't pick anything up without dropping it, have spilt every cup of tea I've had in the last week and keep lurching over when I walk. And I'm coming out in welts this morning. I'm trying to convince myself that they are flea bites and have sent Mike out for new flea collars for the herd. Sparky is such a flea taxi he should be in the circus. But I actually think they might be due to the new drug as I've had a massive flea blitz in the past few weeks due to finding some on Sparky. What a bloody stupid name for a cat. Never let a kid name a cat, I tell you. I think he would be great called Boris.
And I keep replacing words in sentences with the wrong ones. ie Coate Water for Cat food. wtf?
Again, Mike says 'whats new?'. Bastard.


Ajahn Chah said:

"Do everything with a mind that lets go. Do not expect any praise or reward. If you let go a little, you will have a little peace. If you let go a lot, you will have a lot of peace. If you let go completely, you will know complete peace and freedom. Your struggles with the world will have come to an end."

No comments: